2018 Northwest Regional Closed Championship
SATURDAY, MAY 19TH, 2018 • SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
Competition registration will be accepted
March 12th, 2018 @ 9 AM PDT – April 14th, 2018 @ 11:59 PM PDT
Registration will only be available online via the link below (no paper entry). No late entries/late fees will be accepted.
Shorewood High School
17300 Fremont Avenue North
Courtyard Marriott Seattle North / Lynnwood Everett
4220 Alderwood Mall Blvd. Lynnwood, WA
• Located just 10 minutes north of the event venue.
• NW Region Judges' Meeting @ 5-7 PM in the Glacier Room.
• Regional AGM @ 7-9 PM in the Glacier Room.
FUSTA Northwest is a Non-Profit organization. All donations are tax deductible & will help fund the 2018 Northwest Regional Championship.
ADVANCE LUNCH ORDERS
All tickets will be sold on-site only.
General Spectator Admission:
Children Ages 5 & Under:
- The competition will be conducted under SOBHD rules governing Closed Championships
- 2018 Championship Steps are required.
- Dancer’s age for the championship will be as of July 15, 2018.
- In order to enter the NW Regional Closed Championship, a dancer must have established permanent residence in the Northwest Region prior to November 19, 2017 or have been born in the region. (FUSTA’s Policies & Procedures Article 1 #8.)
- Dancers entering the Northwest Regional Closed Championship must be prepared to represent the Northwest Region at the 2018 US Inter-Regional Championship in Gettysburg, PA on July 28, 2018.
- Dancers will fill in for Reels if requested.
- Any dancer causing a delay may forfeit his/her entry in the event.
- Any attempt by competitors or parents to approach a judge or dance piper may result in disqualification of the competitor.
- Awards and finalists’ photos will follow the championship.
- Dancers will remain in costume for awards and photographs.
- Protests must be made in writing and submitted with a fee of $25.00 to the NW Regional Delegate no later than 30 minutes after the championship results have been announced.
- Good sportsmanship is expected of all participants.
Note: This competition is considered by the SOBHD to be a preliminary heat to the USIR Championship. If there are age groups with fewer than six dancers, championship rules will still apply. In classes with three or fewer dancers, in order to qualify to compete in the USIR, a dancer must gain aggregate points in the Regional Selection Competition. (FUSTA P and P, Article I Section A #9)
- Dancing at the NW Regional Closed Championship will begin at 9:00 am for all dancers.
- The Highland Fling will danced first from the youngest to oldest age groups followed by the Sword and Seann Triubhas. The Reels may be danced out of age group order if necessary to accommodate fill-ins.
- The order of dance for the Highland Fling, Sword and Seann Triubhas will be determined by a separate draw for each dance in age groups with four (4) or more entered.
- The “first to enter last to dance rule” will apply only for the Reel.
- The draw will be conducted by the NW Region of FUSTA.
- Draw positions will be emailed to dancers and teachers no later than Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
- Should a competitor withdraw after May 9, dancers in the affected class will move up one spot in the order of dance. Teachers of competitors whose order of dance has changed will be emailed a revised order of dance and will be asked to relay the information.
- Competitors’ numbers will be at Dancer Check-In.
- Spectator Admission fee is $10.00 for all day. Children under 5 are Free. Tickets will be sold at the event.